Individual Writing Awards Won:
- Best Event Report, International Conference on Game Jams, 2018 (speech writing)
- Rising Star Award, Women in Gaming, 2012 (independent research and game writing)
- The Anna Darlington Gillespie Leadership Award, Chatham University, May, 2012 (academic writing)
- 2nd Prize, International Ambassador Filmmaking Competition, Chatham University, 2010 (screenwriting/filmmaking)
- Winner, Writer’s Challenge, eHarlequin.com, February, 2008 (short story)
- Winner, Weekly Online Top 10 Contest: The Late Show with David Letterman, January, 2008 (humor writing)
- Golden Quill Award from the Press Club of Western PA for Best Feature Writing in a Newsweekly for Pittsburgh CityPaper, 2003 (feature reporting)
- The Rutger Hauer Short Story Prize, 2003 (short story)
- International Finalist, Mythic Entertainment’s Dark Age of Camelot Fan Fiction Contest, 2002 (short story)
- Silver Microphone Award, National Finalist in Food & Beverage for Radio Copywriting, 3WS-FM, 2000 (radio copywriting)
Group Awards Won for Games I Wrote:
- IGF Honorable Mention for Excellence in Narrative, for Schell Games’ Orion Trail, March, 2016.
- 2015 Entertainment, Film & Digital Media Prize, CREATE Pittsburgh Festival, for Schell Games’ The World of Lexica, June, 2015.
- Gold Medal, International Serious Play Awards, for Schell Games’ The World of Lexica, June, 2015.
- Gold Medal, International Serious Play Awards: Healthcare/Medical, for Schell Games’ PlayForward: Elm City Stories, August, 2013.
- Silver Medal, International Serious Play Awards: Games for Good, for Schell Games’ Tunnel Tail, August, 2013.
- Joystick Award, Pittsburgh DATA Awards, Pittsburgh Technology Council, for Schell Games’ PlayForward: Elm City Stories, May, 2013
- The First Penguin Award, Pittsburgh International Game Developers’ Association, for Quick or Dead, a Global Game Jam Project, January, 2013.